Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Autumn Leaves


I was inspired to make this card when I read Vicki's Oldies but Goodies Challenge at Stamp TV to use 2 different designer patterns. My card was made with Ivory Card Base but it looks white in my photo. I think the colors look much richer in real life. I colored the stamp using colors inspired by the DP and even they do not look true in the photo.  Anyway I am going to enter the card in some fall challenges.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: STVOLDIES8-use 2 DP's
DYSU Challenge: Warm Colors
Allsorts Challenge: Autumn Leaves and Trees
Stamptacular Sunday: Photo Inspiration of Fall Leaves-see below
Cupcake Craft: Autumn
Kaboodle Doodles: Autumn Leaves Falling/Fall Colors

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD "A Year of Borders" and "A Year of Leaves" by Melanie
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle and Morocco
Copics: YR18, YG 93,95, E34,39
Papers: GKD Ivory and Pumpkin CS, GKD Sun Kissed Autumn DP
Nesties Rectangle Die

Our trees have turned color in such a quick time....like overnight. And the mornings have been frosty.  Autumn is truly here.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

14 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful fall card, Theresa! Great coloring of the images!

Barb said...

This is so pretty and elegant. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the layout. Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week!

brenda said...

A gorgeous blend of papers and stamping Teresa.

Thanks so much for joining in with our Autumn Trees and Leave theme Allsorts this week.

B x

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I love this beautiful autumn card you've made! My cardmaking is slow going right now; just too busy with a lot of other things. You're right, the trees here are just beautiful and I love seeing the gorgeous colors as I drive around!

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I love this beautiful autumn card you've made! My cardmaking is slow going right now; just too busy with a lot of other things. You're right, the trees here are just beautiful and I love seeing the gorgeous colors as I drive around!

Louise said...

Beautiful card,thank you for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck
Louise xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Lovely fall card.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

grandmabonnie said...

Theresa, i find that my cards look better in person too, however, yours is lovely in this photo too :) Thank you so much for sharing your talent at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!

The Gov. said...

Great fall card and I love that saying! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Beautiful! Love fall cards (-:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

love your card really great mix of papers and well co-ordinated

Thanks for joining us for our autumn leaves and trees challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Simple yet with a touch of elegance! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Autumn Leaves Falling / Fall Colors” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Theresa, this is a beautiful card. I love the colors and images. What a great take on this week's challenge! Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday ♥