Thursday, July 27, 2017

Fun with Tissue Paper Watercoloring

I am always looking for new ideas and techniques. I came across a video the other day and just had tor try Tissue Paper Water Coloring demonstrated by Loll Thompson on this video.  You must go watch her great tutorial.  Warning: This can become addictive.  I just wanted to keep trying as many combos that I could do. It's a fun way to create backgrounds for your projects.
I used 3 Distress Oxide inks and water with a layer of Tissue Paper.  I scrunched the paper up for more texture when I glued to a panel of White CS.  I then inked with Versamark and embossed with Gold EP for some sparkle.  To add more interest to the edge, I created a gold edge by  embossing the edges of another White CS panel with Gold EP which I layered under the tissue paper layer. This was attached to the Blue Card Base.  I die cut Happy Birthday with Cheery Lyn dies and heat embossed 3 times with Gold EP to get the dimension that I wanted. 

Challenges: 
Simon Monday Challenges: Simon says You've got the edge! The layer of gold embossing makes the top layer really pop.
Less is More: Challenge 338 No Stamps. Very easy card!
Happy Little Stampers: July Mixed Media Challenge-Texture. Used scrunched up tissue paper for texture. 
Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies. Cheery Lynn dies for words.
Seize the Birthday: Topping option is Splatter. The gold embossing does have a splatter look but the card definitely fits the Anything Goes for Birthday. 




 
Thanks to Loll for her video and inspiration.
 I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

What a beauty!

Trina P. said...

A beautiful and colourful card demonstrating the watercolour tissue technique. I agree this technique can be addictive. Unfortunately, it may be a little too busy for our CAS challenge as we love our white untouched/uncluttered space. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Less is More.

Sandra said...

This card is so pretty, love all the texture and the bright colors with a touch of gold. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Julie B said...

Lovely soft background to your die cut sentiment.
Thanks for sharing at HLS Anything goes with Dies. :)

Dotstolines said...

Such a beautiful subtle card with amazing texture! Beautiful work! Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck!
Aditi Mahajan- DT

laurie said...

Awesome card..I love the touches of gold.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!