Thursday, August 3, 2017

Remember your Favorite Movie


Hello! What is your favorite movie?  I ask that question because this week's challenge DCC82 at The House That Stamps Built is to Stamp Your Favorite Movie.  My favorite movie is "An Affair to Remember", one that I could watch over and over and I have seen it many times.  I am a big Cary Grant fan and love all his films.   Now how could I stamp that movie?  I thought of the Repeat Impressions stamp that I used (see card) ....and the movie is certainly filled with moments that take your breath away.  I decided to marry the stamp with the Empire State Building ---used a printed image from a Silhouette file. Added some silver Metallic accents (hard to see) to the image and stamped the verse with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white CS and placed on a Dark Gray CS base.  Added a strip of Mirror Silver CS which was hard to capture in the photo.

My first idea for my movie card was to use an ocean liner with the sentiment which I did first.  I did an experiment with the Cameo to create the background.   Used a Silhouette cut file of an Ocean Liner but instead of cutting it,  I used the Fill Gradient tool to color the cut file and printed it instead of cutting.  After trimming the image, I edged one side with black ink and stamped the verse with Memento black ink.  Then simply attached to the White card base.  When I showed this to my DH and asked him what movie I was trying to stamp, his answer was the Titanic.  Guess it could be but I was thinking of the Ocean Liner in "An Affair to Remember".

Please click on the video below to listen to "An Affair to Remember".
To play you must be on my blog. 


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

Love that sentiment!

Cheri said...

What a perfect way to stamp your favorite movie, Theresa! That's one of my favorite movies too and I also am a CG fan! I had to LOL with your DH's response to the ocean liner...it could also be an entry into the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The House That Stamps Built.

Heidi Stamps said...

I love your cards. They are both so clean and modern. I don't have a cameo so I am not exactly sure how you made that second one, but it looks really cool with the ocean liner subtly in the background. Thanks for mentioning on my blog that I won at STV. I had been checking for results sometimes, but missed the announcement!

Heather said...

Two simple and fabulous cards! It's hard to put your favorite movie in stamp language, but you did a great job. I really love that second one, the way you printed out the boat is fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome job on the Challenge. I've never seen this movie the whole way through. On my list now. thanks for joining us over at THTSB.

Jackie said...

All I can say is your card is beautiful, but your video is exquisite - really brought me to tears! I loved the movie and the music is awesome - TFS a great movie!!!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! Great take on our challenge, and CG.....swoon!!! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Donna said...

Great take on the challenge and beautiful card, so glad you joined us at The House that Stamps Built. Donna